Sunday, December 23, 2012

8 Jewels of Christmas


"City sidewalks, busy sidewalks
Dressed in Holiday style
In the air, there's a feeling of Christmas."

Good Tidings to you, all of our friends!

[ Silver ]
The snow's coming down and the silver lining is I'm cozied up inside looking at these beautiful jewels compliment one another. The Vanessa from Overture by Judith Leiber clutch is dripping in Holiday fun. I'm already a sucker for reptile print, but to add these embellishments and a glass-crystal bow-- I need! This clutch would definitely get a holiday extension from me, but I would break for NYE with this Brook clutch from All You Need. A mesh so sleek no doubt you'll be singing auld lang syne to your shiny new year!

Dre's picks [silver clutches] can be purchased here and here.

[ Sapphire ]
Lapis Lazuli is one of those staple gems that is always making its way through the fashion scene. From the runway at Stella McCartney's Fall 2012 show to the new Spring 2013 bags from Jason Wu and Zac Posen to jewelers' intricate bands such as the one shown here from Art Masters, it's the go-to gem for that sophisticated statement you're after.

You may want to add a surprise element to your sophisticated look, so I recommend getting the runway look with these [ jewel ] hues from Maybelline cosmetics, here. I own the three colors shown and no doubt am having a ton of fun with them.

Application tip: Although these jewel tones are rich, I've found success for my dark lashes by giving these colors something to bond with. First, I apply my black mascara first and let it set for a few moments. Then, I apply two coats of the jewel color of my choice. Voilà!

"Silver bells, silver bells
It's Christmas time in the city."



photo courtesy: neimanmarcus.com; Zac Posen; Jason Wu; Art Masters for etsy.com; Luca Cannonieri / GoRunway.com

Check out [ Red Rubies & Black Onyx ] in 8 Jewels of Christmas, here

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love hearing from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...