Saturday, July 21, 2012

When Fashion Hurts

photo by Danielle DuCré

Like many people in DC, I take public transportation to work every morning. For me it's up a hill and on the carriage I go. Last week I was excited to wear my new Sam Edelman Caper flats. For what feels like months, I had been looking for a cute flat to wear during my trek before I slip into my heels. Well, you see them--they're darling!

They deceived me. The smooth elephant toned patent leather began rubbing my heels, and I knew it was shoeicide. The second I stepped off the train, I found a bench on the platform and put on a more sensible pair of shoes. My trusty Mrkt heels, and let me tell you, 3 inches never felt so good.

photo by Danielle DuCréBy the time I got home, I had a huge blister on my left heel and, fortunately, a tiny one on my right. Fast forward to the remedy. I tell you what. The Safeway brand of Hydrocolloid bandages cured my ailments and had me back to normal in literally 3 days. It was recommended to me by a co-worker, and it's magical treatment should be known to all. Safeway--who knew?

Now, I probably won't discard the Capers just yet. I suppose some flats are in the business of needing to be broken in. Although I can't remember the last time I've had to break in a shoe, I figure it's worth a shot. After all, they are darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love hearing from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...