Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cheers to 100, TVD!

In honor of the 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries, I decided to paint my nails in a vampy color: Vampersterdam by OPI.


I've been watching this show since its conception, and my obsession continues. This show, created by masterminds Kevin Williamson (Scream, Dawson's Creek) and Julie Plec (Kyle XY), started with a cast of talented and gorgeous "unknowns" and was an instant hit. Since first airing in 2009, it has maintained momentum holding the #1 spot as CW's highest rated show (and has duked it out with time-slot competitors on ABC and CBS-- and won). In fact, 5 seasons later, millions of viewers still tune in every Thursday to see what new diabolical plot will unfold.

With a global fanbase known as the #TVDFamily, this show has also had a media take over. There have been many times the fans have rallied together to win the show numerous viewer's choice awards. Among the most notable was the write-in ballot that won lead actress Nina Dobrev the People's Choice Award for Favorite TV Drama Actress. Needless to say, if you're trying to break into the biz, this is the show you want to be on. Cameos have helped propel careers for actors and musicians alike. It even created a successful spin-off, 'The Originals', for one of its most hate-to-love characters. The writers, cast, and crew should be applauded-- loudly.

Even though I've moved on from recapping episodes for former site IHeartVampireDiaries.com and hoarding my Twitter timeline with cast updates and plot theories, I still consider myself obsessed because I just.can't.get.enough.

Cheers to 100, Show. It's been a pleasure being a part of the TVDFamily, and I'm excited to see what's next!

xo | din

PxSx TGITVDThursday (Thank Goodness It's TVD Thursday)! The 100th episode "500 Days of Solitude" airs tonight at 8/7c on the CW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love hearing from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...