Friday, June 19, 2015

Live at the Brooksville


A couple weeks ago I attended a house concert at The Brooksville. Stepping into a dimly lit space, all eyes were on Alice Peacock as she sang through the final song of her first set.

That name may ring a bell, especially if you're a chocoholic, due to her hit "Bliss" which serenaded you into consuming more Hershey's Kisses than you confessed to your trainer. (Watch Alice and John Mayer sing Bliss live, here.)

After reconvening for the second set, Alice did perform Bliss for us. However, there were two songs that truly gripped my attention. The first was "Might As Well Have Fun While You're At It", a fun, jazzy tune with applicable lyrics that were inspired by Alice's late friend. Take a listen and download the song here; it'll have you humming the groovy tune on this sunny afternoon.

The second, "In All Things" had me singing along instantly. I didn't expect that, but with lyrics such as "...will you wait for me on Heaven's shore where the sting of death don't hurt no more..."; "...all they've left for me is just one choice to bow my head and lift my voice"; and "Hallelujah to the Lord above; Hallelujah for the Savior's love; Hallelujah will I sing; Hallelujah even in all things."  Well, you know my heart. It is by far my favorite song of Alice's. You can listen to it on her newly released album Live from Space.

It was a great night of music. And the audience received a special treat when local jazz musician, Mark Meadows, play his original song "Get Lost". I just love live music! You never know when a hidden gem will be revealed!

Catch Alice on tour this summer. If you can't catch a show, be sure to pick up her music on her site or music distributor of choice.

Then, step out into the sunshine, go after your heart's desires, 
and remember to have fun while you're at it.

xo | din 


hat | boohoo.com
necklace | River Island (back in stock!)
bag | Miztique
tee | Mossimo
pants | H&M
shoes | Dolce Vita

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love hearing from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...