Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Portsmouth

Portsmouth is the second largest town in Dominica, but it was my favorite. It had the perfect amount of buzz and chill all at the same time.


This wooden bench is the bus stop (and by bus i mean 15 passenger van, that packed at times up to 20! ) from which we caught all of our rides to other locations ( when we weren't riding in the bed of my father-in-law's truck! Oh and don't worry....there's no seatbelt law!).



While in Portsmouth, I did a little shopping in the boutique-style shops, and scored a fab pair of yellow shorts that I wore to Carnival! Don't worry! I'll show you later;)


I got pretty excited to see a salon as I walked the streets! Not quite the 5 star experience that I'm used to working in, but so fun to see these ladies doing their thang! 




Our adventure concluded at Purple Turtle Beach. Talk about a good time! Reggae music playing, a little bar on the beach, a covering to protect my shopping finds, and family! 




xo | dré 


top | Forever 21
shorts | Vanilla Star
sandals | L.E.I.
bikini top | H&M
bikini bottoms | purchased through a deal on Spotted Fox Northwest

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love hearing from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...