Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lost in [ DC ]

codenamedredin.blogspot.com


Well I'll be...

2 years? Already? It's really hard to believe, but the 8th is a day that's hard to forget!

In January of 2011, I was coming towards a transition in life-- both social and in my job. Then, one day in early January I was speaking with one of my favorite cousins who lives in VA and she said: "Why don't you come out here?" It took me all of 2.5 seconds to assess the possibility and give my reply: "OK!"

What can I say? I'm an adventurous kinda girl!

Above you can see the transition from Day One on the easy coast to last Friday, February 8th which marked my two year hiatus from Seattle. Right off the bat you can see the biggest change-- my hair! From dark, to dark w/ bangs, to light w/ bangs. Eesh! I need to change it up!

Oh, and forgive the infamous bathroom shot. (Uh!) I had just met up with some colleagues after work and remembered it was my year anniversary. Meanwhile, a friend from Seattle had requested a pic of my outfit/new bangs-- or something like that-- and there you have it: year one documentation.

codenamedredin.blogspot.com

codenamedredin.blogspot.com

I love it out here. When it's sunny it's warm, and when it rains it doesn't stay gloomy for days making my mood overcast with it. Of course I miss my best friend, my HKRs, my stik, my fam, lil sis, friends, Seattle-exclusive venues, and my church choir. But I'm so grateful for an amazing career, great church, budding relationships, and a seemingly endless avenue of adventure.

On top of that, I'm 4 hours away from the fashion capital of America. No big deal.

codenamedredin.blogspot.com codenamedredin.blogspot.com

My look | deCODEd |

Isn't this "8" shirt amazing?! When I saw it in Forever21 it was a done deal. I automatically picked one out for Dré , too. That's how nice I am (;  My shoulder bag was a birthday gift from Dré (with help from Kiya). I don't know where she got it, but it's fab and I love it. Shoes are by MRKT, ponte leggings by kensie, and jacket by IZ Byer.

Cheers to another year of adventure-- local, XC, and abroad! As we créole folk say...

Laissez les bons temps rouler!


photos by: EvaLina
Edit: The bag was actually a Christmas gift. December, gifts, writing about an anniversary-- my mind was selfishly conflicted. Either way.. love the bag!

2 comments:

  1. Lovee the entire outfit! I need!

    Stop being so damn hott! It makes me miss your more!

    Mrs. M aka HKR!

    ReplyDelete

we love hearing from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...