Thursday, June 6, 2013

From Victoria To Victorian

A couple weeks ago I took a trip with my family to Victoria, B.C., to visit my husband's family. His family is rich with heritage, as he has a Polish grandfather and a Scottish grandmother. I always enjoy our visits with them, and leave feeling like I got a better history lesson than I ever received in school.

On this particular visit however, I received an item that is truly a treasure to me. My husband's grandmother handed down to me a vintage necklace that has been in the family for decades, dating back to the 1840's . It's a gorgeous Victorian style necklace made of gold, that has a removable pendant hanging from it, which is deep emerald on one side, and blood red on the other. The chain resembles a rope, and with its extreme length, can be worn a variety of ways.

Words cannot describe how blessed I feel to own this heirloom, and I look forward to the day I can pass it down to my little princesses!









XOXO Dré

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love hearing from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...