Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Don't Forget To Phone When You Arrive To Chicago


There are some moments in life when the connection to another person is vivid. It's like an "I'm meant to know you" or "You're meant to be in my life" kind of feeling. I've been blessed to have this experience with a few people, and I'm sure many reading this have as well. It's not to be confused with the romantic destiny feeling, although those individuals and experiences can also fit into this type of connection.

In one instance, for reasons unbeknownst to me, I was drawn to a new colleague. It was a "you're meant to be in my life" type of feeling that sparked a curiosity. Now I like to attribute it to their heart for the Lord, but at the time I didn't know the "why". So, like any new beginning that I know is meant to be, I began to stalk my new friend. Actually, I'd like to say I was curiously discovering.

As we created a friendship, I soon had someone who put a smile on my face the second I saw them. It's like turning on a light switch-- instantaneous.

So, what do I do now that my friend has moved (to my favorite city nonetheless!)? Move, too? No; it's too cold there. Fortunately for me, friendships span the globe, and this one is no different. It's a blessing that I intend to continue to pour into, because it has poured into me.

For all of us, I hope these moments of connection are not few, but multiple. This is what makes living worthwhile! And we should remember that wherever life takes us--work, school, travel, love-- connections can remain just as vivid as we first experienced. All it takes is communication.

So, my friend, I'm looking forward to visiting, but until then: Don't forget to phone when you arrive to Chicago.

xo | din


[ din wears ]
tee | Abound
skirt | H&M
suspenders | H&M
boots | Fergalicious 

[ Stephen wears ]
jacket | Levi's 
shirt | American Rag
boots | Sonoma
"a" tee | Ecko
jeans | Lucky Brand
belt | Kenneth Cole
beanie | Target

photos | Reflection Photography by Chrystalain 

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love hearing from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...