Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Force of Destiny


Last night was a such a fun night. In part because it was one to get dolled up! Lots of laughter, time with friends, and... a show!

After a long day at work, I made my way to the Kennedy Center to see a friend in the Verdi opera "La Forza del Destino".

On the way there, I mused the cab driver with a couple songs from Katy Perry's new album 'Prism'. Singing along to my iPod, I told him he needed to hear 'Walking on Air' and 'Dark Horse' [ He had pop radio playing when I got in, so there's a strong chance he'd already heard 'Roar' ]. Yes! I was enjoying Katy Perry on my way to the opera. By now, my music choice should not come as a shock to you.
Once I arrived, I met a friend and we walked in preparing ourselves for what this force of destiny might unfold...

It was hilarious. Was it supposed to be that funny? I got a kick out of it! Oh, Verdi. In addition to the great comedic execution, it was visually engaging. Music was powerful-- superb voices accompanied by orchestra talents lead by maestra Xian Zhang who, with this run, makes her debut at WNO!

The show closes this weekend, so hurry and grab your tix here.

xo | din

lips | Pink Nouveau
faux fur | Socié [found in vintage shop in Chicago]
clutch | JustFab [lovin' it since here]
polish | HD Nails by Sinful Colors

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love hearing from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...