Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Backstage at Vancouver Fashion Week F/W 2015 with Matrix Style Link

This past weekend I had the pleasure of spending yet one more season at Vancouver Fashion Week, only this time I switched roles. For the past 3 seasons, I strutted the runway and loved it, but I was ready to put my hairstyling skills to work. So that's what I did!


Not only was I excited to put my hands to work, but I also had the amazing opportunity of using Style Link. It's a new product line by Matrix that will be on the market April 1st. Its technology is groundbreaking in that it combines lightweight silicones + flexible polymers = linked molecules, meaning even distribution of the product. You get lasting professional results with NONE of the drawbacks. 
• No buildup
• No tackiness
• No stickiness 
• No flaking
After all, fabulous hair is achieved that much easier when you have fabulous product. I'm so excited to walk you through the hair for the shows I styled and what I used to achieve the looks!


Vitamin A Swim | low sleek pony | heat buffer, texture builder, gloss booster


WeSC & Deux Ex Machina | low textured pony | texture builder


Brunette Showroom | textured and undone | volume builder, texture builder


WeSC & Deux Ex Machina | forward matte and texture | texture builder


Animism | 70's feel, straight w/ woven in scarf | gloss booster
model | Leanna Haakons 


Haveney | textured low updo w/ braid and flowers | heat buffer, volume builder, texture builder
model | Chelsea Hamilton 


Backstage w/ Chris Funk lead stylist


Paparazzi shot! I had to get a photo with my babe at the entrance of the show before I left for the evening! After we had the most amazing meal at Cactus Club, we went to Cabana for the VFW after party.


These glitter heels were a hit! Remember how I wanted to where them on NYE and couldn't because of all the ice and snow?! 


Shravan Kumar | Boho/out of woods (think Jack Sparrow) | volume builder, texture builder


Jose Hendo | victory rolls w/ bun in back | volume builder


Nika Tang | wet look, front separated from back w/ front waves contouring the face | super fixer


Teresa Farese | sleek wet look on top w/ side knotted bun | super fixer, volume builder 


Gala Limón | textured twists + braid | volume builder, texture builder 


Michelle Lesniak | textured french twist | texture builder


What a fantastic season! My sweet girls came at the end to show their support and sneak a peek at the backstage fun. 

Thank you Matrix for allowing me to bring Style Link with me! I hope that everyone get a chance to buy and use this superb product line! Oh! One of my favorite parts? There is a QR code on the back of each product so you can scan it with your mobile device and figure our exactly how you can use it yourself!

xo | dré 

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love hearing from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...