Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I'm Bringing 80's Back



I don't know what it is, but lately I've been dreaming about an Afro. Maybe it's my daughter, maybe it's my best friend, or maybe I'm just trying to bring my youth back. 

Not wanting to go permanent (pun intended), I went straight to my haircare professional (who also happens to be my mother), and asked her for a water perm. For those that don't know what a water perm is, it's a perm done without using perm solution. The hair is wet down with water, wrapped, and then left to air dry. I sat under a hood dryer to speed the process. 

I'm totally digging the results! I felt so light and bouncy! Of course as soon as you shampoo your hair, it's back to your natural texture, but it sure was fun while it lasted!

Now for today's fun fact!

|Fun Fact| My mom gave me my very first perm at 2 years old and continued giving them to me until I was 10! I feel scarred and loved all at the same time! Love you mom! Check out some photo evidence below! 


xo | dré 


jacket | Rocawear 
skirt | Bar III
heels | Mascott 
water perm | Sharon Gause | Sharon's Hair studio

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love hearing from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...