Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Future Beauty


When I think of the Japanese, their unique fashion sense follows close behind. With that said, I was delighted to find out about the Future Beauty exhibit at the SAM, which opened on June 27th. The exhibit follows their last 30 years of fashion, and let me tell you, it's definitely worth a visit!

Here is a peek of some of the beautiful garments that I had the pleasure of viewing.

Junya Watanabe

Koji Tatsuno

Tamae Hiroka for Sumarta

Junya Watanabe

This origami dress I was specifically taken by! As I was looking at the dresses on the mannequins, I was amazed by their three dimension. Then as I looked on the ground beside them, I saw these flat geometric shapes. Puzzled at what these shapes were supposed to be, it hit me that these were the dresses on the forms, and they collapsed down! How genius is that!? Talk about packing made easy!

  Origami Dress by Issey Miyake
Photo courtesy metropolis.co.jp

XOXO Dré

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love hearing from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...